Jean is a certified Victim’s Services Practitioner through the Office
of the Attorney General Florida Crime Prevention Training Institute,
along with specialized training in the Legal Rights of Child Abuse
Victims. She has 30 plus years as a public servant with experience
gained within the Bradford County School System, Florida Department of
Corrections and the Union County Clerk of Courts. She has also served
as an advocate with the Florida Guardian Ad Litem Program in the 8th
Judicial Circuit. You can reach Jean at 386-496-2501 or
For many people being a victim or witness to a crime is their first experience with the criminal or juvenile justice system. The Victim’s Advocacy program was established to assist victims in understanding their rights and making them aware of services available to them.
The main role of the advocate is to intervene on behalf of the victim to assist the individual. There are many ways that this program can be facilitated through and can include pamphlets, phone calls, letters, and in person meetings. The role of the advocate is to provide information about the case, to give information and referrals and to assist in victim compensation.
Services provided to the victim include:
- Information regarding the judicial process and the rights of the victim through the process
- Information on the status of the case
- Providing information and referral to community resources
- Support and accompaniment through the criminal proceedings
- Assisting in filling out injunction for Protection
- Assistance in filing for crime victim compensation
All services provided are free. If you would like to know more about your rights as a victim please contact he Union County
Sheriff's Office at email@example.com
Victim's Rights - Please click here to Victim's Rights Brochure.
Violence Brochure - Please click here for Domestic, Dating, Repeat or Sexual Violence Brochure.
Peaceful Paths - local domestic violence agency and provides shelter to battered women.
- Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year. Florida VINELink is our State's automated notification system and part of the State's commitment and support of all crime victims. This free and confidential service offers registrants the ability to register and be notified via phone, email or TTY of status changes of inmates within Florida's 67 County Jails and inmates and offenders under the jurisdiction of the Florida Department of Corrections.
http://www.alachuacounty.us/Depts/CSS/VictimServices/Pages/VictimServices.aspx - Victim Services and Rape Crisis Center
http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/90514096788f88c085256cc50075acf7 - Florida Attorney General - Crime Victims Services
http://www.trynova.org/ - National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA)